Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A day out and about

David and I decided to get a year pass to to the MOMA: Museum Of Modern Art for 75$. It will save us quite a bit of money as general admission for adults is 25$ a day. It has its perks as well, as a member, you are aloud up to 5 guests for only 5$ extra, per guest. Also, it allows you to view new exhibits before they are open to the public.  Very cosmopolitan, yes?


Last week we went to see the Wilhelm DeKooning retrospective.  It was such an unearthing experience for me.  I thought I knew DeKooning's works.  But to see his works as a whole was very emotional.  We are very fortunate to be able to experience such great art with such convenience.


DeKooning in his studio.



You are not allowed to take photos inside the show, two were on display just outside the galleries.

After leaving the MOMA, we decided to walk around midtown Manhattan.  We were looking for an inexpensive place to eat and came across a little gem of a restaurant "The Primeburger". 

Of course, neither of us took a photo, I tried to post one from online and it wouldn't let me.  google "Primeburger New York" to see photos, really great!

It has been open since 1938 and has not been remodeled since the 1960's.  We had the BEST cheeseburger I have had in a very long time, and that is saying something coming from Nebraska.This diner had the best service, the best looking homemade pie (we didn't have a slice, but will next time we go) and a very inexpensive tab as well.

After lunch, we walked to the Rockefeller center to see the sights.






After a terribly (dramatization) tiring day (whoa is me) out and about we decided to head home when we came across the open doors to the St. Patrick's Cathedral. I come from a Catholic background, and I love the history of old churches. Again, a very emotional experience.  It was so serene inside.  We did a quick tour of the church and took a few photos. 





Every day offers a new experience rooting within me feelings for this city. I am finding a small piece in my heart for New York that has only come about by experiencing the day to day. 

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing photographer.
    P.S. They let me post as "anonymous," so I don't have to give my info away.
    How many people are you sharing with? This deserves to be seen.

    ReplyDelete